The Parks and Recreation Department operates two off leash areas in Mesa for you to enjoy with your dog. Bring your dogs out for some well-deserved exercise and fun at one of Mesa’s dog parks.
3130 E. Southern
4155 E. Virginia
The dog park is closed on Thursdays and daily from 12:000-1:00pm for maintenance.
- Do leash your dog (leash no longer than 6 ft.) Help keep Fido in one place and not chasing after other people's
Frisbees, children or picnic baskets. Did you know that this is also an Arizona Law?
- Do pick up after your dog. Who hates seeing leftovers? Especially ones that do not come in a doggie bag! Remember to be a kind neighbor and pick up after Fido when he leaves behind his mess.
- Do use the disposable bag dispenser where available. It is there for you in case you forgot to bring your own bag. Just remember to place it in the trash afterwards. Dispensers are only located in some parks and basins. Always carry bags with you just in case!
- Do have fun! The park is there for your family to enjoy and that includes Fido. Remember to be a courteous neighbor and share the park with others who don't own dogs.
- Do take Fido on the canal. Mesa has several basins and a canal path for you to enjoy. This is an excellent area for walks or runs with your dog. Just remember to keep him on a leash & pick up after him even on the canal paths & basins. Printable bike/ped map.
- Do check out our Off-leash Dog Parks. Mesa currently has two off-leash sites, located at Quail Run Park and Countryside Park.
- Do volunteer to help out! The City of Mesa welcomes help from any volunteer individuals or groups to keep our parks clean and fun for everyone.
- Don' t leave your dog unattended. You don't leave your child unattended when going to the park why would you do the same to Fido?
- Don't leave behind your mess. That includes water bottles, food, or any other items you brought with you to the park. If you brought it in, carry it back out or dispose of it in the trash or recycling can.
- Don't let your dog get into fights. This is why we advise you to keep your dog on his leash. The last thing you want is an injured pet.
- Don't take your dog to the playground area. Kids & dogs - some kids love dogs, some kids are terrified of dogs. Therefore, it is best to keep all dogs away from the playground so there is no chance of a child getting bitten or scared. All Mesa parks have plenty of open spaces for your dog to frolic so please stay away from the playground.
- Don't get fined. If a Mesa Parks Ranger, Police Officer or Animal Control Officer sees you with an unleashed dog or if you don't pick-up after him, you will be fined. Why waste that money? Just remember to keep Fido on his leash and pick up after him.