Volleyball, Co-ed Grades 3-6
Join us for Youth Sports' exciting youth volleyball programs this winter.
League Information (Grades 3-6)
Participants will both practice and play a game each week where they can learn the rules, develop their skills and play as a team. All levels focus on player development, having fun, and sportsmanship. This is an equal play league. All skill levels and abilities welcome and encouraged! Participants will receive a team t-shirt. Knee pads and closed toe athletic shoes are required.
Game Date, Time, Location:
Thursdays, January 18 - March 8
Game times are between 6:00 – 8:30 pm (game times are subject to change)
Webster Recreation Center
202 North Sycamore
Mesa, AZ 85201
- 8 weeks of games. (including end of season tournament)
- Participants will be notified of their team, coach, practice time and location, and game schedule via email on Monday, January 8 by 5:00pm. Participants will also be contacted by their coach.
- Game schedules will be posted online.
Mandatory Pre-Season Game
Thursday, January 18
Webster Recreation Center
- Participants will receive a team shirt at their first game. This shirt must be worn to each game.
- Participants are required to wear closed-toe athletic shoes and knee pads.
- Participants should wear athletic shorts or pants which allow for more comfort while playing.
- No jewelry.
Mesa Parks and Recreation is committed to providing a fair and equally balanced recreational league for all participants. In order to achieve this balance, Youth Sports has implemented the following policies:
- Kids will be placed on a team with other participants as near to their Mesa middle school zone and elementary school as possible. Due to the complexity of forming teams including number of teams, coach locations, number of kids registered in a given area and friend requests, we try our best to place your child on a team as close to home as possible.
- We do not allow full teams to register.
- One friend request per participant may be submitted upon registration. Absolutely no guarantee of request or placement. No exceptions due to the high volume of requests.
- No coach requests will be honored. No exceptions due to the high volume of requests.
- Volunteer coaches will have their kid(s) on their team.
- Participants must play in the league division corresponding with their current grade in school and may not participate in a grade lower or higher.
- We are unable to switch children to a different team once teams have been formed due to the many moving parts and large amount of special requests received.
- Some league divisions fill faster than others. Regardless of the registration deadline, once a league has reached registration capacity all additional children in that league division will be placed on a waitlist. Waitlisted kids will only be placed on a team if space opens up. Please note that Youth Sports administration has the right to make any changes to the league they feel are necessary to better benefit the program and its participants.
- Practice time and day will be determined by the volunteer coach and information will be provided after teams are formed. Practices are based on available space, each coach's availability and the general location of team and coach.
- Practices will begin as soon as the week of January 8 for finalized rosters with approved coaches.
- Teams practice 1-2 times a week. However, participants are only required to attend one practice.
- Practice is held on a different day than game day.
Co-ed, Grades 3rd-6th
- 50 minute time limit
- Rally scoring: Two games to 21 points with third game to 15 points (if necessary)
- Volleylite ball
- 7 foot net height
Please review the rule book: Youth Volleyball League Rulebook
Score Keeping and Standings:
- It is important to know that this league is about having fun and developing in the sport, not what the score is or wins vs. loses. With that being said, we do feel there is an age when it is appropriate to begin keeping score.
- We will not be tracking standings.
- We ask that all participants, coaches, parents/guardians and spectators concentrate on the fundamentals and love of the game rather than the score.
Picture Day:Thursday, February 8
- All teams must have their team photo taken.
- Purchasing pictures is optional. It is purely a benefit of our league.
- Coaches will pass out picture packet information at the first game.
- Picture Day Schedule
Fun Day & Tournament:
Youth Sports has added a "Fun Day" for all teams and their families in order to provide a more positive and fun ending to the season. Teams are encouraged to attend the event together with their families. The end of season tournament is provided as a fun culmination of the kids' hard work. Due to ongoing issues form parents and coaches during the tournament, sportsmanship and conduct will be closely monitored. A zero tolerance rule will be in place and anyone demonstrating conduct that impedes on the kids' right to have a fun and safe environment well be asked to leave the tournament.
Fun Day:Friday, March 9
Peter Piper Pizza at Riverview (1906 W. Rio Salado, Mesa)
Each player and coach receives:
- Coupon for FREE 7" pizza
- Raffle Ticket for a chance to win 1000 FREE prize tickets
Thursday, March 8
Webster Recreation Center
Volleyball Tournament Bracket