New Year's Resolutions
We hope 2019 is your best year yet! We're here to help you achieve your New Year's goals.
Manage Your Health
- Learn about health issues with Medline Plus.
- Get audiobooks from rb Digital or Overdrive, and music from Freegal for your workouts.
- Gear up with our Smart Cycling Fundamentals class.
- Download health and cooking magazines.
Expand Your Horizons
- Master a new language with Powerspeak Languages and Rocket Languages. We also offer English as a Second Language (ESL) classes at two locations.
- Learn about other countries and cultures with Global Road Warrior. Great for travel planning!
- Atlas obscura : an explorer's guide to the world's hidden wonder by Joshua Foer
- Home sweet anywhere: how we sold our house, created a new life, and saw the world by Lynne Martin
- The geography of bliss : one grump's search for the happiest places in the world by Eric Weiner
Do More Good
- Volunteer! As a library volunteer, you’ll help provide great services and experiences for members of our community. For other volunteer opportunities in your area, check out Volunteer Match.
- 29 gifts : how a month of giving can change your life by Cami Walker
- Emotional awareness : overcoming the obstacles to psychological balance and compassion edited by Paul Ekman
- The power of giving: how giving back enriches us all by Jamal, Azim
Get Money Smart
- Our 2-part What is Your Financial Plan program will help you get on the right track.
- Download business and finance magazines from rb digital.
- Learn about stocks, bonds, and more with the Morningstar Investment Research Center.
- The millionaire next door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Rich dad, poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Total money makeover by Dave Ramsey
Create Your Dream Career
- Assess your career interests, write a resume, get advise, and more through Career Transitions.
- Get your GED.
- Discover new careers and prepare for occupation exams with Learning Express Library.
- Learn new skills and explore career development through Lynda.com.
- I don't know what I want, but I know it's not this : a step-by-step guide to finding gratifying work by Julie Jansen
- Reinvention roadmap: break the rules to get the job you want and the career you deserve by Liz Ryan
- What color is your parachute by Richard Nelson Golles
- Organize your life with our Bullet Journaling 101 and Craft Night: Get Organized classes.
- Cleaning house? Donate your books, movies, and magazines to the library!
- Book Recommendations:
- The life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondō
- The 8 minute organizer: easy solutions to simplify your life in your spare time by Regina Leeds
- Organizing plain & simple by Donna Smallin
Here's to a happy, healthy new year -- we're rooting for you!