Falcon Field Airport invites community to annual Open House
- Lead Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 30 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House, presented by Semper Fi Heating & Cooling! For details visit www.falconfieldairport.com.
Get a close look at unique aircraft, classic cars, model railroads and more 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, March 30 when the City of Mesa’s Falcon Field Airport hosts its annual Open House presented by Semper Fi Heating & Cooling!
The event will be at Falcon Field Park, 4636 East Fighter Aces Drive (north of McKellips Road between Greenfield and Higley roads). Free general and disabled parking is available at the airport entrance on the north side of McKellips Road east of Greenfield Road. Additional free parking with shuttles to the event site also will be available on the west side of Higley Road north of McKellips Road.
Event admission is free! Canned food donations will be accepted for the United Food Bank.
The Open House will feature:
• Unique aircraft including The Boeing Company's AH-64E Apache attack helicopter; MD Helicopters aircraft, the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation’s 1967 AH-1F Cobra helicopter; vintage warbirds; experimental aircraft; public safety aircraft, general aviation aircraft, and more!
• Aviation adventures - Strap into a flight simulator or take a helicopter and vintage warbird rides (available for purchase.)
• New this year! The Future of Flight Pavilion will offer an exclusive look at new aviation technologies being developed by companies at Falcon Field Airport and in Arizona!
• Learn about Falcon Field’s origin as a World War II pilot training base & view historic military aircraft & exhibits at the Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum (AZCAF). The museum will have expanded hours 9 a.m.-4 p.m. March 30. The Southwest Military Transport Show also will be held at the museum 9 a.m-4 p.m. March 30. Highlights include military vehicle & static aircraft displays, collectibles, vehicle parts, plastic model contest, & swap meet. Discounted admission of $5/person or $10/family of four on March 30 covers both the museum and Southwest Military Transport Show.
• Join the 100 Club of Arizona in celebrating public safety at the Open House! Founded in 1968, the 100 Club of Arizona's mission is to provide financial assistance to families of first responders who are seriously injured or killed in the line of duty and provide resources to enhance their safety and welfare.
A picnic pavilion courtesy of Firehouse Subs will be available at the Open House for 100 Club members and families to meet and socialize. The public also is welcome to visit the pavilion to learn about the 100 Club, talk to representatives about its services, or donate toward its mission.
• Impala Bob’s Classic Car Show benefiting Aviation Explorer Post 352!
• Informational displays by representatives of area aviation education programs, local businesses and the City of Mesa.
• Model steam locomotive on an extensive layout by the Arizona Big Train Operators!
• Kids’ activities including inflatables, aviation-themed crafts and photo booth, face painting, balloon animals and more!
• Food trucks, family-friendly music and aircraft fly-overs!
For parking and more information, visit https://www.falconfieldairport.com/my-community/falcon-field-open-house, email email@example.com, or call 480-644-2450.
Thanks to our event sponsors!
Presenting "Alpha" Sponsor - Semper Fi Heating & Cooling
Entertainment "Bravo" Sponsor - Opus/The Opus Group