For those interested in volunteering within their community, the City of Mesa's Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Department has many opportunities to get involved. Common opportunities include:
- Park clean up and beautification projects
- Adopt-A-Park program
- Assistance at special events
- Youth Sports Volunteer Coach
- Adaptive and Inclusion Recreation
- Youth Summer Camp TLT program (Teen Leadership Training)
- Junior Guard program
- Eagle Scout projects
Groups or individuals looking for up-to-date opportunities and information are encouraged to contact Beverlee Nielsen at 480-644-4345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, May 1
Red Mountain Multigenerational Center
7550 E. Adobe
Mesa Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities would like to recognize our wonderful volunteers! Please join us for an afternoon of free fun with your family, enjoying games, food and prizes. Please RSVP by May 1 to email@example.com.
Summer will be here before you know it! There are a couple of unique volunteer opportunities for youth during the summer months.
- Teen Leadership Training - The TLT program gives teenagers the opportunity have fun during the summer while learning valuable skills for the employment world. Teens volunteer at several youth summer camps and programs throughout Mesa, assisting with organizing group games, craft projects, swimming trips and much more! Volunteers learn to function with a "work" schedule and dress code. For more information, contact Beverlee Nielsen at 480-644-4345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Junior Guard Program - The Jr. Lifeguard program helps kids build a foundation of knowledge, attitude, and skills that are needed to be a responsible volunteer and future lifeguard. Participants learn skills such as swimming, leadership, rescue response, drowning prevention, professionalism, and volunteerism. Jr. Lifeguard volunteers take an orientation class and then begin assisting the lifeguard staff with programs such as: learn-to-swim lessons, special events, competitive meets, and public swimming. The Junior Lifeguard program qualifies for HONOR FOR EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE LEARNING for Mesa Public Schools high school students. The Junior Lifeguard program is designed for youth ages 13-16. For Jr. Lifeguard Information please contact Christine Moore at email@example.com