The Parks and Recreation Department operates three off-leash areas in Mesa for you to enjoy with your dog. Bring your dogs out for some well-deserved exercise and fun at one of Mesa’s dog parks.
3130 E. Southern
5100 S. Eastmark Parkway
The off-leash area at Eastmark Great Park includes separately fenced areas for timid dogs and active dogs, water fountain and benches. The dog park is closed on Wednesdays and daily from 12:00-1:00pm for cleaning.
Eastmark Dog Park Closures
|12/18/2019||West (largest area)|
|1/22/2020||East (smallest area)|
|2/5/2020||West (largest area)|
|3/4/2020||East (smallest area)|
|3/18/2020||West (largest area)|
|4/15/2020||East (smallest area)|
|4/29/2020||West (largest area)|
|5/27/2020||East (smallest area)|
|6/10/2020||West (largest area)|
|7/8/2020||East (smallest area)|
|7/22/2020||West (largest area)|
|8/19/2020||East (smallest area)|
|9/2/2020||West (largest area)|
|9/30/2020||East (smallest area)|
|10/14/2020||West (largest area)|
|11/11/2020||East (smallest area)|
|11/25/2020||West (largest area)|
|12/23/2020||East (smallest area)|
4155 E. Virginia
The dog park is closed on Thursdays and daily from 12:000-1:00pm for maintenance.
- Do leash your dog unless you are in the fenced area of one of the dog parks (leash no longer than 6 ft.) Help keep Fido in one place and not chasing after other people's Frisbees, children or picnic baskets. Did you know that this is also an Arizona Law?
- Do pick up after your dog. Who hates seeing leftovers? Especially ones that do not come in a doggie bag! Remember to be a kind neighbor and pick up after Fido when he leaves behind his mess. Bring baggies just in case!
- Do use the disposable bag dispenser where available. It is there for you in case you forgot to bring your own bag. Just remember to place it in the trash afterwards. Dispensers are only located in some parks and basins. Always carry bags with you just in case!
- Do bring water for your dog.
- Do have fun! The parks are here for your family to enjoy and that includes Fido. Remember to be a courteous neighbor and share the park with others who don't own dogs.
- Do take Fido on the canal. Mesa has several basins and a canal path for you to enjoy. This is an excellent area for walks or runs with your dog. Just remember to keep him on a leash & pick up after him even on the canal paths & basins. Printable bike/ped map.
- Do check out our Off-leash Dog Parks. Mesa currently has two off-leash sites, located at Quail Run Park and Countryside Park. Coming soon....Eastmark!
- Do volunteer to help out! The City of Mesa welcomes help from any volunteer individuals or groups to keep our parks clean and fun for everyone.
- Do remove aggressive or anti-social behaving dogs from the park immediately. All dog attacks should be immediately reported to Maricopa County Animal Care & Control at 602-506-7387.
- Don' t leave your dog unattended. You don't leave your child unattended when going to the park why would you do the same to Fido?
- Don't leave behind your mess. That includes water bottles, food, or any other items you brought with you to the park. If you brought it in, carry it back out or dispose of it in the trash or recycling can.
- Don't let your dog get into fights. This is why we advise you to keep your dog on his leash. The last thing you want is an injured pet.
- Don't take your dog to the playground area. Kids & dogs - some kids love dogs, some kids are terrified of dogs. Therefore, it is best to keep all dogs away from the playground so there is no chance of a child getting bitten or scared. All Mesa parks have plenty of open spaces for your dog to frolic so please stay away from the playground.
- Don't get fined. If a Mesa Parks Ranger, Police Officer or Animal Control Officer sees you with an unleashed dog or if you don't pick-up after him, you will be fined. Why waste that money? Just remember to keep Fido on his leash and pick up after him.
- Don't smoke in the off leash areas. City of Mesa dog parks are smoke-free facilities.