Eagles Park Grand Opening Coming Soon!
Eagles Community Center Gym and Fitness Room are now open!
Fitness room cost: $3.00 per visit (no re-entry)Group fitness schedule:
- Zumba - M, W, and F @ 9AM, and on T and Th @ 12:30pm. Class is an hour long.
- Active and Fit - W and F @ 10:30am. Class is an hour long.
- Open Gym Basketball - M, W, and F from 6pm to 8pm for the month of June.
- Drop in prices apply ($2 per visit for seniors 55+ and youth ages 4 - 17 or $3 per visit for adults 18 -54).
- Passes available.
- Youth attending without a parent must have a waiver completed.|
Fall 2019 registration is open.
About Eagles Community Center
The new Eagles Community Center is a City of Mesa transformation project that re-purposed the old Mesa Jr. High School site into a renovated community center. The Center offers a gymnasium, functional fitness room, and various classrooms with a focus on youth sports, after school and summer programs.
The entire Eagles Park Project consists of 28 acres and will include four lighted multi-use fields, pathways with fitness equipment, and a youth Ninja Obstacle Course in addition to the community center. Phase II of the project which includes all outdoor components will take place from January 2018 with anticipated completion in early 2019. This project was funded through the 2012 Parks and Recreation Bond, Transportation and CDBG funding. Park Rendering.
The entire Eagles Park site will also serve a very important role in managing storm water retention for the surrounding neighborhoods.
What to expect from the new Eagles Community Center:
- The gymnasium will be very busy with youth sports and youth after-school and summer programs, but will also host City of Mesa adult sports and is available for occasional rentals.
- The functional fitness room will be used for functional fitness classes in the future.
- The various classrooms will offer a variety of recreational programs and classes, and are also available for rental.
For additional information, please contact Eagles Community Center at 480-644-5745, or stop by for a tour of the site.