Out of an abundance of caution and to support other preventive measures underway, beginning Monday, March 16 the City of Mesa, Arizona is suspending all recreation programming. In addition, we will be closing recreation facilities for programming including Red Mountain Center, Eagles Community Center, Jefferson Recreation Center, Webster Recreation Center, Mesa Tennis Center, Kino Aquatic Center and Skyline Aquatic Center. Private rentals of City parks and facilities will be managed on a case by case basis with event organizers.
All City parks remain open and while parks are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis, we encourage users to remember, the best way to reduce the risk of getting sick and to avoid COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Eagles Community Center is a City of Mesa transformation project that re-purposed the old Mesa Jr. High School site into a renovated community center. The Center offers a gymnasium, functional fitness room, and various classrooms with a focus on youth sports, after school programs and summer programs.
Eagles Park consists of 28 acres and includes four lighted multi-use fields, pathways with fitness equipment, a youth Ninja Obstacle Course in addition to the community center.
Classes and Programs
Eagles Community Center Gym and Fitness Room are now open!
Fitness room cost: $3.00 per visit (no re-entry)Group fitness schedule:
- Zumba - M, W, and F @ 9am. Class is an hour long.
Only $3 per visit ($2 for Seniors 55+ and youth).
- Open Gym Basketball - M, W, and F from 6pm to 8pm through the month of December.
What to expect from the new Eagles Community Center:
- The gymnasium will be very busy with youth sports and youth after-school and summer programs, but will also host City of Mesa adult sports and is available for occasional rentals.
- The functional fitness room will be used for functional fitness classes in the future.
- The various classrooms will offer a variety of recreational programs and classes, and are also available for rental.
For additional information, please contact Eagles Community Center at 480-644-5745, or stop by for a tour of the site.