Out of an abundance of caution and to support other preventive measures underway, beginning Monday, March 16 the City of Mesa, Arizona is suspending all recreation programming. In addition, we will be closing recreation facilities for programming including Red Mountain Center, Eagles Community Center, Jefferson Recreation Center, Webster Recreation Center, Mesa Tennis Center, Kino Aquatic Center and Skyline Aquatic Center. Private rentals of City parks and facilities will be managed on a case by case basis with event organizers.
All City parks remain open and while parks are cleaned and maintained on a regular basis, we encourage users to remember, the best way to reduce the risk of getting sick and to avoid COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
The Webster Gymnasium and Recreation Center was built through a cooperation between the Mesa Parks and Recreation Department and Mesa Public Schools to serve the Webster Elementary community and Mesa. The center has a gymnasium, classroom.
Webster offers a variety of programs and services including:
- Youth After School Programs
- Special Events
- Rentals and Reservations
- Birthday Parties
For more information on Webster Recreation Center programs and events, please call 480-644-4925 or email Micah Bodine, Facility Manager.
Youth After School Program
- School release to 5:30pm
- K - 6th grade
- Cougar Club Semester Pass: $30 Mesa resident/$36 non-resident
Classes and Programs
- Programs available for youth entering grades 1-6 in Fall 2019
- Discovery Zone, Active Zone, Fun Zone and Lunch Bunch
- Monday-Friday, 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday, 8:00am-9:00pm
- Sunday, Closed