The Gene Autry Baseball Complex, which opened in March of 1984, is a 3-field baseball complex located at 4125 E. McKellips in Northeast Mesa.
The complex was developed for cooperative usage between the City of Mesa and the Anaheim Angels (known as the California Angels at that time) from 1984 to 2006. In January of 2006, the Angels transferred their ownership exclusively to the City of Mesa for year-round programming.
Gene Autry Baseball features a total of three professionally-groomed, full-size (90-foot bases) baseball fields, batting tunnels and an 8-pack covered pitching station. There is a 47-acre park area nearby that includes playground equipment, 4 lighted sand volleyball courts, and ramadas of varying sizes.
To reserve the baseball complex, please complete the Application for Use of city Sports Fields and submit via email to Nichole.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off Monday through Friday, from 9am-4:30pm at Eagles Community Center, 828 E Broadway Rd. Mesa AZ 85204, or call 480-644-2187.
The complex plays host to programs conducted by the City of Mesa, a variety of leagues, camps, and tournaments.
- Complex consists of three 90-foot baseball fields, four batting tunnels and an 8-pack pitching station.
- Outfield fences range in distance from 360 feet down the foul lines to 420 feet in center field.
- All three fields are lighted and have covered dugouts.
- There is bleacher seating behind the home-plate backstop of each field. Bleacher seating can accommodate up to 500 people total for the complex.
- The complex as a whole has 180 parking spaces, including 6 designated handicap spaces.
- There is a not a contracted concessionnaire on-site. Vending is by permit only.
- During the summer months of April through September, all games must be played between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm. Gates to the facility can be opened at 7:00am for the public. However, games cannot begin any earlier than 8:00am.
- During the winter months of October through March, all games must be played between the hours of 9:00am and 10:00pm. Gates to the facility can be opened at 8:00am for the public. However, games cannot begin any earlier than 9:00am. Some winter open times are subject to change due to overseeding and field playability.