In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, Mayor John Giles signed a proclamation requiring, with some exceptions, face coverings to be worn in Mesa. The proclamation is the fourth signed during the state of emergency declared on March 17, 2020 and will take effect at 8 a.m. on Monday, June 22, 2020.
Face coverings will be required in Mesa:
- When entering, exiting, or waiting in line to enter a place of business or City of Mesa facility that is open to the public, and while inside areas of a place of business or City of Mesa facility that is accessible to and are intended for public use
- Places of business shall require face coverings for paying customers and for employees that interact with the public
- In any outdoor space where physical distancing of at least six feet is not maintained from others who are not members of the same household
- In any public transportation such as a bus, taxi or ride sharing service
- Those who cannot wear face coverings due to a medical, mental health, developmental condition; inability to remove the face mask without assistance and anyone who cannot wear face coverings under CDC guidance
- Children under the age of six
- Restaurant and bar patrons while eating or drinking at their table
- When inside a personal or commercial vehicle that is not public transportation
- When actually exercising at a gym with six feet of physical distance
- Exercising or walking outdoors with six feet of physical distance or with members of the same household
- Inside a workspace not intended for use by the general public
- Religious institutions, and individuals whose religious beliefs, as defined under state law, would be substantially burdened by wearing a face covering
- Private, public and charter schools will implement policies that best meet the needs of a classroom environment
- While working as a public safety employee or emergency responder when it would interfere with their job
- Those complying with directions from public safety employees and emergency responders
Reserving a Sports Field (Non-Sports Complex)
Reservations are taken between 7:00 am and 5:30 pm, Monday -Thursday.
For weekdays, reservations must be made no later than 5:30 pm the previous day.
For weekends and Monday holidays, reservations must be made no later than 5:30 pm the previous Thursday.
Reserve by phone:Credit Card Required
Call 480-644-PLAY (7529)
Phone reservations taken Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Reserve in person at Parks Office:
Credit card, money order, cash or check (with valid driver's license) accepted: American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa accepted
Reservations in person must be made Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 5:30pm
Escobedo Softball Field
Evergreen Softball Field
Jefferson Softball Field
Kleinman Softball Field
|$11.00/hour before 5 pm||$13.50/hour|
|$18.00/hour after 5 pm||$22.00/hour|
(2 hour minimum)
Bases are not included when renting a field.
Gene Autry Sand Volleyball:
|$4.50/hour before 5 pm
||$5.00/hour before 5 pm|
|$9.00/hour after 5pm||$10.00/hour after 5pm|
2 hour minimum. Call 480-644-3874 to Reserve
- Lights will be turned on only as needed and group must be present.
- In case of inclement weather or poor field conditions, City staff will make the final decision if the field may be used. If poor weather at the time of rental, group must decide.