The City of Mesa Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Department offers a senior softball program during the Winter. Registration takes place in mid-November and league play begins Tuesday, January 7, 2020. The league has five divisions of play ranging from very recreational (light-hearted competition) to very competitive (geared toward the more advanced player).
- Senior Softball Coaches Meeting
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Eagles Community Center - 828 E Broadway Rd, Mesa, AZ 85204
- Meeting begins at 10:00A.M.
- No refunds, unless the league is cancelled.
- Registration Nov 6 - 26, 2019
- Softball Team Fee: $520
- First day of games: Tuesday, Jan 7, 2020
- Senior Softball Flyer
- Roster Form
- Drop/Add Form
General League Information:
- All male players must be at least 50 years old to participate in the league. Females must be 45 years old to participate.
- There are 5 divisions of play:
- All teams are scheduled 14 games per season.
- Each team may carry up to 25 players on the roster.
- Players may play on only one team.
- Games are played Tuesday & Thursday during the daytime.
- Games are played at:
- Red Mountain Softball Complex - 7808 E. Brown Rd. Mesa, AZ (Power & Brown Rd).
- Skyline Softball Complex - 655 S. Crismon Rd, Mesa, AZ (Crismon & Southern)
- Current league fee is $520 per team. Full teams register only.
- Season is scheduled to begin January 7, 2020
- Tournament Brackets
- Div. 7C
If you are an individual looking to join a team, you may be placed on the Free Agent/Players List [PDF]. Placement on the free-agent list doesn't guarantee placement on a team, it just makes your information available to coaches looking for players.
Bat Compression Information:
All players' bats must pass a barrel compression test to play. Bats that have a Gold City of Mesa Adult Sports sticker are legal for use for the Winter 2020 season. If you would like to use a bat that is not yet tested, call to schedule an appointment, 480-644-5308. Any bat initially passing the compression test and then found to be altered will result in a 10 year suspension for the user and owner of the bat. All bats will need to be tested again for use in the Winter 2021 season as the gold stickers will no longer be acceptable for play.
ASA/USA Certified Equipment - http://www.teamusa.org/usa-softball/play-usa-softball/certified-usa-softball-equipment
Interested in Umpiring?
E-mail Carmen with your name, contact information and experience. No need to apply if you do not have a great attitude.