Spring Registration begins January 6th at 8:00am for Mesa residents and January 13th at 8:00am for non-residents. The main office of Mesa Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities Department has moved.  The new main office is located at 708 W. Baseline Road, #4, which is between Country Club Drive and Extension Road.

Summer is here!

All parents want the best and safest experience for their child. Mesa Parks and Recreation answers the top 5 questions about our summer programs so that parents can feel more comfortable and confident that their children will be safe this summer.

What are the camp ratios?

  • Camps typically run on a 1 staff member to 20 children ratio. During the summer camps, we also have teen volunteers who assist the staff with activities, allowing us to have even better ratios on most days. If a child is in need of additional staff support, they can qualify for more assistance in the program to help make them more successful.

Are staff background-checked?

  • All staff members over 18 years of age that will be working in the Mesa Parks and Recreation Department must submit to an extensive, fingerprint-based background check. Staff members must also submit to a drug screening prior to their hire and first day of camp.

What are the age of the counselors?

  • The summer programs are staffed with people of all ages and backgrounds. All staff have experience working with children and most of our more mature staff have been teachers and coaches throughout the valley. Many of our younger staff are working towards degrees in fields that will be impacting our youth. Our teen volunteers are learning the skills needed for future employment and are the most creative in keeping the kids active in camp.

Will you accept kids that have special needs or requirements?

  • Yes, we work with all kids and have specially trained staff to work with individuals with special needs.

Are there scholarships available?

  • Fee assistance is provided to Mesa residents that are in need of financial assistance. A Fee Assistance Application is required.